Our cleaning team will arrive at your home as discreetly as possible – we do not wear any uniforms or advertise our presence in any way. Here is what our team will do for you.
- We provide free in-home estimates to detail your needs.
- All Pest Management Professionals agree that the proper preparation increases the success of all treatment regardless of methods used.
- Bed bug preparation is demanding, stressful and time consuming.
- We at Bed Bug Preparation understand your needs and will follow to the letter your pest control company’s request.
- We provide safe shrink wrapped removal of infested items.
- We treat all clothing in a hot dryer, and then fold and store everything carefully in labeled and sealed plastic bags (or arrange for pick up by dry cleaner)
Bugs and Bedding
- Strip all bedding from the beds and treat in a hot dryer
- Treat all linens in a hot dryer, and then fold and store everything in sealed plastic bags (just like we do with your clothes).
- Dismantle bed frames
- Provide mattress, box spring and pillow encasements at a discount over store prices
Rugs and curtains
- Vacuum carpeting and baseboards
- Arrange for area rugs to be sent out to be steamed cleaned
- Directly clean curtains or take then down for dry cleaning
Furniture and Possessions
- Vacuum upholstered furniture
- Move furniture away from walls so that baseboards can be cleaned
- Vacuum books, cds, and DVDs and seal in plastic bags
- Remove switch plates and outlet covers for treatment, if requested by your pest control company
- Safely remove infected items to off-site dump
- Clean out closets and cabinets
- Work with you to decide what can be discarded. Remember, a clutter-free environment will help prevent the return of bed bugs in your home
- Many of our clients view this procedure as an opportunity to clear out their clutter and recognize their closets and home offices
Sealing your home or office is the best method of bed bug prevention
We as New Yorkers live close together. Older Buildings have structurally cracks and crevices throughout.
Even in modern fire proof buildings there are openings for heating, air conditioning, gas, plumbing, and the most abundant, electrical and lighting. To break this down, there is either plastic or metal tubing that encases your electric that is connected through out the entire building, creating a highway for bed bugs to move easily from apartment to apartment. A common misconception is that bed bugs live only in your bed. This is why sealing your home or workplace is the best line of defense against an infestation.
Here’s what we do…
- We will seal your space inch by inch to give you the upper hand in the battle against bed bugs.
- Seal around plumbing, heating and electrical conduits using clear GE. Silicone gel.
- Seal baseboard molding throughout apartment.
- Remove receptacle cover plates, seal voids around electrical box, and inject diatomaceous earth.
- Install door sweeps on doors connected to common hallways.